Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July 2nd: My Makeup List

           Hey guys! Today I will be starting a new series on my blog. Every month I will have two posts going up pertaining to the makeup list I always keep on my phone.  This is a list of the products that I am planning on purchasing or thinking about purchasing.  At the beginning of the month, I will show you guys a picture of the list, then explain why I'm thinking about purchasing each of the items.


          At the end of the month I will do a follow up post showing which products I ended up buying.  

If I haven't already reviewed all of the items or hauled them I will add in mini reviews, with pictures, swatches, etc. 


Here is my current list:


 





1.             Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer-The moisturizer I normally use (Aveeno daily moisturizer) has seemed a little to heavy lately now that it's summer and my skin has turned more oily/combo.  I've read that gel moisturizers are much lighter and thinner in texture, so I decided to give one a try.  This particular one has been in two June Favorites videos that I have seen (by Eleventhgorgeous and sparkliebarbeXO) so far and it's reallly affordable, so I'm excited to give it a try. 

2.             Clean & Clear persa-gel 10- I do not currently own a spot treatment.   I have pretty good skin, and I don't break out often, but I do get the occasional pimples here and there.  I don't know if I'm bad at concealing, or if my concealers bad, but every time I try to cover up a really bad spot it doesn't work. It might take away the redness, but it calls attention to it more by making it cakey and gross, and everyone can see that you tried and failed to cover up your pimple(s)                                                                                                                                                                        I've decided to take a different approach, and focus more on treating my pimples than trying to cover 
them. That's where this product comes in. Two of my top favorite YouTube ladies (emilynoel83 and allthatglitters21) have talked about this being their #1 spot treatment, so I'm really excited to try it.

3.             Elf Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium- I hate my eyebrows.  Always have, and I might always will.  There huge, they have no shape, and they don't lie flat.  Apparently (according to like every beauty guru/blogger EVER) filling in your brows is magical.  Next time I'm at Target I plan on picking up the elf brow kit in the shade medium. I've heard good things about this kit, and it's only $3, so I won't be selling my soul for something I might not like!  I guess it's just impossible for me to resist something that everyone loves!

4.             Elf Studio Makeup Mist & Set- I really want the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, but I just can't justify buying something that expensive unless I know for sure it will work. For now, I decided I could hold myself over with the Elf Mist & Set Spray.  Even if it doesn't work to prolong the wear time of my makeup, I can always ind other uses for the spray bottle.  Either way $3 well spent.

5.             Elf Small Stipple Brush-This is Emily's (or emilynoel83's) favorite brush to apply cream blush.  I've always had a really hard time with cream blushes, so I thought I would give this brush a go.  Again for $3 I'm not taking a huge gamble!  (although I have discovered elf is slightly dangerous- it all adds up!!)

6.             L’Oreal True Match Blush in Barely Blushing- I have I small infatuation with blushes, especially soft and highly pigmented peachy-pink blushes! According to Dana (or lollydolly128) the L'Oreal True Match Blush in Barely Blushing fits that description perfectly.  She has been raving about this blush for awhile, and I've been drooling over it the whole time.  The next time I'm at Target I might just sneak it into my basket when I'm not looking.  ;) 

7.             Physicians Formula Matte Collection Eyeshadow Quad in Classic Nudes- I own the Physicians Formula Matte Collection Eyeshadow Quad in Canyon Classics and I love it.  It's smooth, it's pigmented and super affordable! You guys know how it goes- when you love something you want more...lol.  I'm now interested in the quad called Classic Nudes.  It's mostly browns, the color I wear the most, so I would get a lot of use out of its.
8.       Rimmel London BB Cream-  I wear BB creams 80% of the time.  I'm always looking for the another good to use, one with good coverage.  (By the way would you guys like a post on my BB cream collection? Let me know. :)   This particular BB cream is known for having great coverage, so I think I will end up giving it a try.

           Well that's all that is currently on my makeup list.  Do any of you keep a makeup list?  If so what's on it?  Would you recommend any of these products?  I hope you are all having a fabulous day, I hope to have another post up soon!


Daily Randomness:
               Had early cheer again his morning. -_________-  
               I think I have decided on a sheer red lip for the 4th of July.  That way I can still kind of wear what I want to without offending the relatives! ;) 
               I really want to try out some nail art....but it's only fun on my right hand. :/ lol #lazygirlprobs
               I feel like I referenced YouTube people too much in this post. 








No comments:

Post a Comment