Friday, July 5, 2013

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquers: Review & Swatches

Hi everyone! There's good news, and there's bad news.  Lets starts with the bad news- I may not be able to get that many posts in this week. :( I am leaving for cheer camp on Wednesday and I won't get back home untill late Sunday night!  I will try for two posts this week.  

The good news is *drum role* I bought two of the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquers!!! (RSOLL for short) And I'm going to review and swatch them for you!!! *crowd cheering* *mini dance party* *mom walks in on mini dance party* *awkward moment*

I know I may be a little late on the band wagon, as these lippies started popping up in drugstores towards the end of May...but better late then never!  I found these beauties at Walgreens (the RSOLL are exclusively sold at Walgreens) for $5 each.  There are 12 other shades in the line, with 14 total. 

The lip lacquers are incredibly pigmented, and they have a great texture to them.  1 swipe= opaque, full, coverage with these bad boys!  They have a really smooth and creamy, non-sticky, texture that I love. I found that these lasted about 3-4 hours on my lips before I felt like I needed to reapply.  The color faded evenly, and it stayed inside my lip line throughout the whole day.  Eating or drinking wipes the color off of your lips quickly, so I would recommend reapplying after meals.  One problem I had with these is that they have a very unpleasant smell, so if you're sensitive to scents you may not like these.

Now to the fun part- swatches!! 

      
Since these lip lacquers are so pigmented, I can wear them 2 ways: sheerly- for a light wash of color, and full on- for completely opaque bold color.  When I wear them sheerly I:
1. Apply lip balm (usually the eos lip balm)
2. Dot the lip lacquer on my lips 
3. Spread out the color with my finger 


I also love a bold & opaque lip as much as everyone else!  Here's how the lip lacquers look when they're applied regularly:


I think the shade Aurora is my favorite.


I also sometimes mix the 2 shades, which creates various different rose-y shades. 

Final Thoughts: APPROVED
 • Opaque color
 • Inexpensive 
 • Smooth texture 
 •Decent wear time
 •Large shade selection
 •Many different ways to wear it
 
(Only CON= unpleasant smell)

Well that's all for this post! As always, I hope you are having a fabulous day, and I will be sending new posts your way soon. :)

Byeee,
Julia XO

Daily Randomness:
• ALL of my cheer stuff came in today!!! Undiform....t shirts....bag....pom poms...:D It was like cheerleading Christmas!!! :D 
• I want the baby lips neon collection.
• My room is surprisingly clean right now!
• I had mac & cheese for lunch today and it was amazing.
• #prayfortalia

No comments:

Post a Comment